Monday, December 12, 2011

Fresh Start

Today was the dawning of a new era at work.  One of our co-workers had received the promotion of becoming our new supervisor.  While he has a big job ahead of him, the oppression of our previous babysitter  supervisor has come to an end.  I thought of how much I wouldn't miss her scrutinizing remarks, her snarky comments and her most irritating habits.  It was finally a work day worth looking forward to. 

In other news, Elaina has been giving us a run for our money in the behavioral department.  It's been a while since we've enjoyed the pleasant, calm and rational Elaina.  And tonight, she was back!  I told her over and over how delightful her behavior was and how much I didn't want to put her to bed tonight so that I could just stay up and enjoy her.  I also made mention that when she doesn't behave like this, I want to put her to bed early to give my ears a break. 

I'm thankful for the peace in my day, the enjoyment that was brought to each transition of my day and my husband coming home safely after working a 14 hour day.

No comments:

Post a Comment