Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Program

And we're rounding out yet another busy week.  This evening, my in-laws arrived in time for dinner and to attend Elaina's first grade Christmas program.  Already I like the fact that the school never weaseled out and referred to it as a "Holiday" program.  It's Christmas for goodness sake - call it what it is!

The four classes of first graders brought together about a hundred kids and it was utterly amazing how in tune they were with following the music director by hand signals and gestures alone.  Elaina had a short speaking part in which she introduced a song and all of the kids were more than adorable. 

As we watched them and listened to them sing all of their seven songs, I realized that these really are most important and enjoyable and memorable moments of my life.  At no cost and no fanfare.  The sheer innocence and glory of 6 and 7 year old voices singing Christmas songs is likely one of the best gifts I will receive this season.  Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment