Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Son"shine

Sometimes bedtime can get a little hairy when it comes to trying to wind down a busy-body 3 year- old and an ever-relentless 5 year-old. 

Tonight was hardly an exception.  We read each kid 2 books in their bed and then cuddle, hugs & kisses and have lay-with time. Only a little while after I left his room tonight, I heard some commotion and the sound of little feet creeping around in his room. When I went upstairs to investigate, he greeted me with outstretched arms and told me that I could hold him now:-)  And then asked me to sing him a song.  As I began to sing one of our favorites, "You Are My Sunshine" he was looking at me, candidly mouthing the words in exaggeration and pointing along with the words to the song.  It kinda cracked me up!  He piped up and we tried to sing the words together but found that we could both only get through a couple words before we both burst into simultaneous laughter!  That kid can be so crabby at times but boy, does he have humor!

And then came "Jingle Bells," which, I am fairly certain we will be singing well into the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment