I know it's going to be a bad day when I can already feel the aching tension and pain mounting in the back of my neck even before I mix my morning cup of tea at my desk. Just after lunchtime, I tried a new migraine pain reliever that was given to me as a sample from my doctor. Within the hour I wasn't quite sure that the two of us were getting along. As my migraine began to melt away, my stomach became a little queasy and my head a little dizzy. For me, that was good enough evidence as any that I just needed to be home. After all, that's what sick time is designed for.
I had an hour to rest before picking up the kids and then my evening really took off. I could immediately tell that both kids were overly tired and overly cranky and I wasn't about to let our evening last overly long because of it. We hurried through a frozen pizza dinner and it wasn't until I was giving Lincoln a bath and he began to laugh. His hearty, full laughter that touches my core. The same laughter that makes me fall even more in love with him every time. As if that was even possible. Though my day wasn't particularly easy by many accounts, Eric and the kids all pulled through at the end of the day and made me remember that our days our short. Enjoy them. Savor them and laugh along.
No comments:
Post a Comment