Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Food critic

The great ness of today came just at dinnertime as we held hands around the table and said a prayer before eating.  We've ben trying to keep in the habit of praying before meals and since the kids have caught on, they're asking to be the ones who get to say the prayer.  Which is greatness in itself, I might add.  For this reason, we've decided to take turns each night as to who gets to say the prayer but anyone can add on once the blessing is said.  After Elaina finished her heartfelt prayer, Lincoln asked to add on the following:
"God is great, God is good, thank you for this meal of food that I don't really like and dessert. Amen."

I'm pretty sure that God loved that just as much as we did.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Laura! If we did it that way I am sure this would be Michael's prayer every night.

    ReplyDelete