I've failed miserably in keeping such accurate accounts of the life and times of my family - more specifically, my kids. Kindergarten has aged my child. She's become somewhat cultured, mature and just... just... further away from a dependant young soul who relies upon her parents so heavily. She's growing up. From the way she sits comfortably at her fold- up Cabbage Patch kid play table with her skinny legs crossed to the advanced vocabulary words she carefully chooses in conveying her ideas.
Growing up. Which is a good thing - but seriously... how does it happen so quickly?
And then, there is this boy. A boy whom we will call "Stink." (Because all boys should STINK until my daughter is well into her 20's!) Stink has liked Elaina and vice versa. In fact, it is rumored that the entire kindergarten class knows that Stink likes Elaina.
Since I hadn't heard much about Stink lately, I decided to inquire about him tonight at the dinner table.
Me: How are your friends at school? I haven't heard you talk much about Stink lately.
Elaina: Uhhh... I'm just not that into him.
Me: (Snicker:-) Not into him, huh?
Elaina: Yeah. He tried to sit by me at lunch today but I just ignored him. In fact, I don't try to talk to him at all.
**Break for Mom and Dad to rejoice with simulated high-fives and fist pumping**
Oh. My. 5 years- old this child. And already so wise to the world of dating. If only all of her teenage years could go so easily.
Isn't it frightening? Good for Elaina not being interested yet! Harper, on the other hand, has a notebook of boys she might consider marrying. We are in SUCH trouble.
ReplyDeleteIt's not the kindergarten boys you have to worry about. It's those second grade boys who want to stake out a cute impressionable young girlfriend.
ReplyDelete