Highlights of this week include:
Elaina is now eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Yeah, I get that this seems kinda lame to some, but seriously - in this house - THIS is BIG news! PB&J! Yes! A new food!
Lincoln still has his cough but his temperament seems to be washing in a flood of sweetness. I've often said that his maturity and demeanor comes in tidal waves. Recently, some of the defiance has begun to diminish and I'm seeing more smiles, more happy and more hugs. Yes! A new boy!
Elaina has been playing baseball and tonight was her first game. Oh, the cuteness! 2 quick facts: Her coach is a friend of ours and their shirts are green. As he called the team in their first huddle before the game, he shouted to them, "Come over here all you little boogers!" Yes! A new evening commitment! (with boogers!)
Lincoln has become Mr. Social at the baseball fields. He has met lots of new friends to share his toys with and has been exceptional at including all the kids he meets to play together. Yes! A new director in the house!
It's been a good week!
I'm sure the PB&J is exciting for you but I had to laugh at that!
ReplyDeleteGlad baseball is good so far - Harper was interested in playing this year but I just couldn't see us making the commitment yet - don't worry, she is in acting class, we aren't keeping her tied in the basement or anything!