Sunday, April 17, 2011

And they came back!

My kiddos and my parents survived (and enjoyed!) their time together. Quoting Elaina, "I bet that I had the very best spring break of all the kids in all of the school!" (while at her grandparents' house)

Ahh... sweet, innocent child who has not yet been made aware that some families really do plan vacations for spring break.  Generally where it is warm and the sun is shining.  Disney anyone?

Anyway, it was wonderful to hear that not only my kids, but my parents also enjoyed their time together.  Eric and I also got to enjoy a break from the ordinary. On 2 consecutive mornings, I got myself ready for work and walked straight down the stairs and right out to my car.  No kids, no bookbags, no fits, no stalling, no crying, no... you get the picture. It was glorious.  Friday night even allowed a Date Night for my husband and me.  We shopped at our leisure and then over-indulged on Indian food and went to bed early.  A wonderful ending to a great week!

1 comment: