In preparation of spending time away from my kiddos while they visit my parents, I was having a serious talk with Elaina about how Grandma will take care of her while she is visiting and that if she needs anything, Grandma can help her. I also reminded Elaina that Grandma H. is my mom and is the one who taught me how to be a good mom too. While on topic, I also decided to inquire if my daughter shared the same opinion of "The Good Mom Title."
Me: "Elaina? Do you think that I am a good mom?"
Elaina: (in the most sincere, serious tone a 5 year-old can muster)(looking me straight in the eye)
"I think that you are the best Mom I could ever ask for."
And AS IF I could love that darling, little girl any more than I already do. Her words were like gold to me.
In the grand scheme of my life, my career and anything I ever choose to do - that alone, is one of the single most defining moments in my life. My daughter's rating of my job performance thus far. Golden.
Oh - that's so nice. Elaina is a sweetie and she does have a GREAT mom.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd be afraid to ask Harper that question. :-)
BTW was it you who mentioned a possible zoo meet up this summer? I would love that. We could do a whole bloggy gathering... wonder how everyone would feel about leaving their peanut butter at home for the day?