When I had this bright idea to give myself a fresh start with this whole blogging bit, my intention was to blog a little each and every night. Random thoughts. Stuff we did that day. Funny things my kids said. Pretty much anything would be acceptable as long as I made time.
But - TIME! The key component to any project. Definitely need time.
I wasn't prepared for the too-late bedtimes involving pulling out the 5 day-old dangling tooth from my daughter. (which I saddled Eric with) The whining pleas from my son needing his 4th last- hug of the night. At 10:00! My husband whose work schedule generally involves limited traveling seems to amp up this time of year, sending him packing a few times each month. The laundry piling up because this winter has been brutally cold and we're piling on layers of clothes to keep warm. And our once a week commitment to attending "church school" to become new members of the church.
With that said, tonight was one of those random nights of obligation: "Preschool Literacy Night." The only way I even found out about it being scheduled for this evening was by a random check on their website. Also, I didn't exactly know that they intended for the actual *almost* preschoolers to join in. I arrived at the school early and saw other parents walking their Littles into the building. I speed- dialed Eric and told him to hustle our little fellow on up to the school. I was both surprised and impressed at how well Lincoln followed along with the program until story time when he began to pick his nose and held it out to the librarian, announcing "I got a booger!" Right during the story. Right in front of all of the other kids, parents and staff. Awesome!
When you have kids, I think it would be fair to say that you can never be prepared for what will come next!
Don't worry, anyone who works with little kids is used to all sorts of, um, bodily products. You have the librarian a funny story to tell!
ReplyDelete