It all started about a year and a half ago. Elaina received a postcard from a friend of ours, inviting her to come to Vacation Bible School. She was thrilled, we agreed, she went. And she LOVED it! I can still remember her asking several days after it concluded if she could go back to VBS.
On her last day there, they had a little finale program for the parents to attend with a bonfire to follow. We all had a good time. The following Sunday, they invited the kids back to perform some songs for the congregation and Elaina begged to go. The setting was comfortable and the people were friendly. And since we had previously decided we would start "shopping around" for a church to attend, we found that we settled into this one quite nicely and our search was over before we really began.
It's been some time now that we've been attending church as a family. We've come to know even more people and we've even gotten involved with some of the functions they offer. After all this time, we've decided to make the commitment to become actual members of this church. The membership classes have begun and we will be sharing in membership in the church by the middle of April. I'm trusting that this membership comes with the best rewards program around.
I know it is none of my business, but I'm wondering what kind of church you joined?
ReplyDeleteI like our church, but I married into it! Matt's family had already been members for a long, long time. Although it is the same religion I've always been, so it wasn't difficult to fit in. :-)