Thursday, February 10, 2011

Girl Talk

Monday night was Girls Night Out.  Wonderful friends, fun, laughter, food, drinks and a little gossip for good measure.

Since becoming a mom and wife, for that matter, I've made it a priority to get together with my girlfriends for some stress-busting fun and laughter on a semi-regular basis.  I'm fortunate to be included with both my work-friends and my neighborhood gals to break the monotony of a weekly routine to get together and enjoy some light hearted fun.  So much fun that my face and my stomach hurt from non-stop talking and laughter.  How fortunate I am to have these girls in my my life;-)

In other news about relationships, Elaina got her first phone call from a boy tonight.  Gah!  I wasn't home from work when he called so Eric gave me the lowdown on their 2 minute long conversation.  (since he put her on speaker phone!) (kudos Dad!) Aaron is her "boyfriend's" name and Elaina has come home from school on more than one occasion with colored pictures and drawings from this young man in her kindergarten class.  Yesterday, she brought home a handmade Valentine card signed "Love, Aaron." 

Wasn't it just yesterday that my baby girl was learning to walk and say her first words?  And now, she's getting her first crush.  I am so not ready for this.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Harper has a kindergarten boyfriend too, although I'm not sure it is a reciprocal relationship in her case! :-) It's too soon!

    ReplyDelete