By a show of hands: whose life isn't busy?
It was only a few weeks ago that I thought our days were relatively full and our free time ended up being filled with at least one of the 78 billion things that could be done around here. And then baseball season started.
Oh. My. Goodness.
When we went to our first baseball meeting with Elaina, I just about lost it when the coach said that the kids would be practicing on Monday and Wednesday and game days would be on Tuesday and Thursday. Um? 4 days in a row? BaJesus! How can we keep up with that kind of schedule?
And then the last bit of winter weather broke and spring was upon us. And it has rained! It has rained this season at least 4-5 days out of the week. And suddenly, when you plan on baseball 4 days a week and only squeak in 1-2 practices/games (per week), I found that the coach's seemingly insane approach to the schedule started to make sense.
So our lives have changed. Over baseball. And do you know what? It has been great! Elaina has emerged as quite a little athlete and has knocked some hits into the middle of the field. Lincoln has been made to endure the practice days and game days along with us and has been quite content snacking and playing with his cars and his new found friends at the ball parks. The games are limited to 90 minutes (which generally run over) and it's coach pitch (overhand) until they miss 3 times and then get to hit the ball off the tee. It's been impressive to watch these 5 -6 year olds progress with confidence and skill as the weeks go by. As for me, it's lucky that I've already known many of the baseball moms, so it's been enjoyable to hang out with them for a few hours each week cheering on each others kids and talking about Mom-Stuff. Last but not least on the roster - Eric. He's not so much of the sitting-on-the-sidelines kind of dad. These kids are little and the coach staffing is slim. At every game and practice, Eric is behind the gate helping the kids with their helmets, their batting stance and instructing them on what to do next.
Even though I haven't had time to share about my wonderful solo trip to visit my brother and SIL in Columbus and I haven't dished on our recent addition to our home scape, or Mother's Day or Lincoln's birthday - all is well with our family. We've been busy, but it's been fun and exciting, whirlwind kind of busy!
Well it sounds like happy busy as opposed to stop the train I want to get off busy... that's good!
ReplyDeleteWe kind avoided t-ball this year because I wasn't ready to be that busy just yet. :-)